Karibuni !!! (Good day in Swahili)
As mentioned in the last chop up, we’re going to breakdown 1 of Toughest Divisions in the NFL, the AFC North.
- Cincinnati Bengals: Marvin Jones has gotten better as a coach over the course of a couple of years, however he has yet gotten the Bengals to where it counts most, “The Super Bowl” or even into the 2nd Round !!! The Bengals have had a solid Defense, it’s the Offense that will catapult them over the hump. Andy Dalton, has to remain consistent, as he lacks this to be the face of the franchise. Now they have a STUD at WR with AJ Green, but AJ has had issues staying healthy. Can Sanu be that #2 go to guy when AJ is hurting !?!? The running game is solid with Jeremy Hill & Giovanni Bernard … There main question mark is the O-Line. Can they give Dalton that time that he needs to climb the ladder within the elite QB’s !?!? That has yet to be seen. I see the Bengals having another solid season, I don’t believe they’ll make the playoffs.
- Prediction: The Bengals most likely won’t make it over the hump & could put Mr. Jones in the Hot Seat !!! 9-7
- Cleveland Browns: Ohhhhhhhh Johnny !!!! Johnny Manziel and the Cleveland Browns have an uphill battle to climb. Let’s see if Johnny Football has matured and can become a Respectable NFL QB. I really like Mike Petines style of coaching. He’s a Grinder, Hard Nose Football Coach. He just hasn’t gotten the Fellas to fully buy in yet. They have lots of “Young Talent”, which may hinder then from reaching their full level of potential. No Veteran Leadership hurts them. Josh Gordon WR, an “Outstanding Talent”, hasn’t been able to stay on the field with his off the field transgressions.
Dear Josh Gordon,
Please Sir….. Leave the Weed ALONE !!!
Now back to your regular scheduled program !!!
We already know Cleveland is going to come in and fight as a team until the end. Can these young fellas build chemistry & Win !!! I like Joe Haden (CB), I like the addition of Dwayne Bowe (WR) Veteran Leadership, can they step up at TE with the loss of Jordan Cameron !?!? Adding Josh McCown was their Best move. Can and Will Work Cleveland.
- Prediction: Cleveland NOT making the playoffs & finishing last again in the division with probable the same record as last season 6-10 or 7-9 at best.
Now for the Bullies in the division ….
- Pittsburgh Steelers: Hampton Roads native Coach Mike Tomlin (Hampton, VA & William & Mary WR) & Big Ben !!! The Steelers are Always contenders. Smash Mouth Football across the board. From the Physical O-Line, to their Big Play WR, RB (Leveon Bell), QB “Big Ben” & Bodies flying to the ball & all over the field Defense. The Steelers are Stacked at WR… Antonio Brown, Markus Wheaton, Drafted Sammie Coates (Auburn WR), Young Martavius Bryant & Adding Darius Heyward-Bey. Added depth at RB with DeAngelo Williams. Health is always a concern especially with their style of play. Defense, which is unusual for the Steelers, Will be the Achilles heal this season. Losing #43 Troy Polamalu is DEFINITELY going to hurt !!!
- Prediction: Steelers will have a strong year, still a lot of questions marks on Defense. 10-6 (2nd or Winning the Division)
- Baltimore Ravens: A well coached team by John Harbaugh. Super Bowl winning QB in Joe Flacco, The Ageless Wonder Steve Smith. Are they deep enough at WR. They’ve lost deep ball threat Tory Smith. Definitely some question marks upfront with the O-Line. Can they keep Joe Flacco on his feet & will Justin Forsett continue to improve !? Will the Ravens Defense hold up !?!? That’s not something that’s normal. They’ve some key pieces from last seasons team …. Haloti Ngata (DE-Lions) & Pernell McPhee (LB – My Team Daaaa Bears) … Good thing is they still have Terrell Suggs aka T-Sizzle !!!
- Prediction: Ravens win the division, if not 2nd. 11-5
That wraps the AFC North, next we’ll chop up the AFC South division !!! Until then stay tuned.
Elijah aka INSPIRE.
Warning: Undefined array key "url" in /homepages/38/d249633535/htdocs/clickandbuilds/TheColorCommentary/wp-content/themes/kallyas/th-custom-hooks.php on line 55