Good day Sports Fans !!!!!
I’m Baaaaack !!!!
This week, let’s begin with the NFC East !!!
- Dallas Cowboys: Will this be the year for Jerry Jones, Tony Romo and Crew !?!? Ahhhhhhh …. I Don’t Think So !!! LOL !!! Sorry Cowboys Fans. The Cowboys have a BIG Hole at RB. With the loss of RB DeMarco Murray (Eagles), will they have the same production from this position that carried them for most of the season last year. They do have Joseph Randle returning, they’ve added Darren McFadden and still have Lance Dunbar. Their O-Line is the Best in the Biz, we all know that. With the loss of DeMarco Murray, will this put more pressure on Tony Romo ?!?! Putting him in a position where he has to throw 40+ times per game ….. Of Course Dez Bryant, Terrence Williams and Ole Reliable Jason Witten give Romo a Very Good Supporting cast. It’s the Defense in Jerry’s world that still worries Cowboy Fans …. The recent injury to CB Orlando Scandrick with definitely put a dent in their secondary, which wasn’t strong to begin with. They have added DE Greg Hardy and drafted DE Randy Gregory (Nebraska) … LB Sean Lee is coming back healthy. Is it enough in a Tough division !?!? Time will tell. The Cowboys will put up points with the stout O-Line, Romo & Dez, I just don’t believe their Defense can stop anyone. I have the Cowboys finishing 2nd or 3rd in their division. Definitely behind the Eagles and battling with the Giants. 10-6.
- New York Giants: The Giants had a Rough Season, as well as Eli Manning. The Giants were without Star WR Victor Cruz last season for the most part, however Cruz will make his full return and be ready to Salsa dance in the end zone again. 2nd Year WR Odell Beckham Jr. hopes to give the Giants a better season than he did in his Rookie year, which was OUTSTANDING – Pro Bowl (91 Receptions, 1,305 Receiving Yards & 12 TD) in Only 12 games played. I can only imagine if he played the whole season, he might’ve set some records !!! The Giants have added some depth at the WR position to give Eli some extra weapons. WR Dwayne Harris (Formerly with the Cowboys) Reuben Randle and Veteran WR James Jones (Raiders) … BIG Question mark this year, just as last year ….. Their O-Line !!! It has been reconstructed. They’ve drafted LT Erick Flowers, however the right side of the O-Line is almost all new or has had limited playing time with the 1st unit. TE Larry Donnell had a Good season (63 Receptions, 623 Receiving Yards & 6 TD) Can Eli and Offensive Coordinator Ben McAdoo get it to work this year ?!?!? The Giants Defense is also another question mark …. Their D-Line hasn’t improved much at all and with uncertainty with JJP and his hand injury, who knows. They still DE Robert Ayers and DT Cullen Jenkins (Solid Vets) …. LB Jon Beason who was injured for most of the season last year, I’m sure they’re hoping he can give them a couple of good seasons … LB is Definitely a position the Giants have to improve and add some depth. The Giants Secondary in my opinion is where the strength will be at. Veteran CB Prince Amukamara , Veteran CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, Veteran Hard Hitting S Brandon Meriweather and 1st Round Draft Pick S Landon Collins will provide some stability in a division that needs a strong secondary going up against Dez Bryant (Cowboys), DeSean Jackson (Redskins) Jordan Matthews (Eagles) The Giants finished 6-10 last season and I believe they will finish 8-8 Tied for 2nd or 3rd in this division. 8-8.
- Philadelphia Eagles: People thought Chip Kelly was NUTS by trading RB LeSean McCoy and WR DeSean Jackson (2 years ago) and then trading QB Nick Foles for Often injured QB Sam Bradford. I personally like what Chip is doing in Philly …. Adding RB DeMarco Murray, RB Ryan Matthews, Drafting Rookie WR Nelson Agholor (USC), WR Miles Austin and returning TE Brent Celek, RB Darren Sproles, WR Jordan Matthews & WR Riley Cooper. Now my biggest concern with the Eagles is, who’s going to play QB !?!? QB Sam Bradford as mentioned is ALWAYS Injured, Mark Sanchez hasn’t been able to remain consistent, Tim Tebow has failed to show that he can develop into an NFL QB and Matt Barkley is unproven. If I’m Chip Kelly, I’m going with Sam Bradford until proven otherwise for my starting QB. The Eagles Defense will be Better than previous years … Adding LB Kiko Alonso (Formerly of the Buffalo Bills) to backup DeMeco Ryans who’s returning from an Achilles injury, LB Connor Barwin had a Strong season last year (64 Tackles & 14.5 Sacks) … The Eagles have bolstered their secondary … CB Walter Thurmond III, CB Byron Maxwell (Both Formerly of the Seattle Seahawks) and Veteran S Michael Jenkins. I believe the Eagles will have a bit of a struggle Defensively…. Health and Chemistry. Their Offense, regardless of whose playing QB will be clicking on all cylinders. I have the Eagles finishing at the top of the NFC East with an 11-5 record, slightly better than last years 10-6…… 11-5.
- Washington Redskins: Jay Gruden has his hands full for the 2nd straight season in D.C. …. I keep saying that RG3 is playing in the wrong system. Gruden is accustomed to having a pocket QB and RG3 isn’t that guy. I kind of feel sorry for RG3, after having an explosive rookie season, can he return to that form. I believe not, you can tell he’s not comfortable in this system and the coaching staff period. RB Alfred Morris will be very important to this team to take some pressure of whomever the QB will be, RG3, Kirk Cousins or Colt McCoy. The Redskins definitely have some weapons .. WR Pierre Garcon’ & WR DeSean Jackson, however what good are these weapons if the O-Line can’t block and the QB struggles to get these guys the ball. The Redskins have too many question marks on the Offensive end. On the Defensive side of the ball, the Redskins have lost Brian Orakpo (Titans) and made some decent additions …. DE Stephen Paea, S Dashon Goldson, CB Chris Culliver … They still have LB Ryan Kerrigan, LB Perry Riley Jr., CB DeAngelo Hall & CB Bashaud Breeland. That should instill some chemistry amongst this unit. As mentioned, this team has too many question marks this season & I don’t see them doing any better than last season (4-12) … I have the Redskins finishing last in the division with the same 4-12 record & that may be too generous. 4-12.
- Footnote: The NFC East is 1 of the toughest divisions in the NFL. Last year this division did lose some steam and the same may occur this season. I like what Chip is doing in Philly, it has yet to be determined if the Cowboys can overcome the loss of such a Beast in RB DeMarco Murray, which means they may have to rely on Romo passing the ball 40 times over game again and the Defense, can they stop anyone to keep them in games. The Giants biggest concern for me is the Defense and will Eli regain his form of past seasons ??? The Redskins RG3 ….. What are you going to do Brother !?!?!?
- 2015 Predictions: Eagles, Cowboys, NY Giants & Redskins.
Next week, we will discuss the My Favorite Conference NFC. We will start with the NFC North ….. Stay Tuned Sports Fans !!!
Review Divisional Breakdown NFC East.